Monday, March 11, 2013

Snicker-DUDE-les

Happy Monday Everyone!  First off, thanks to everyone for your nice comments on our last post. They have been so fun to read and it seems like there are a lot of you out there like us who are ready for spring!  This past weekend has upped our "Spring fever" as temperatures reached 70 degrees on Sunday!!! It was so nice, but rainy, cold weather is going to be setting in again this week :( Remember, if you haven't entered our giveaway, click here to enter.  You have until Friday, March14th to enter.

Today, we have another recipe from our family's recipe box.  My grandfather (my "Papa") painstakingly typed up a bunch of his recipes for us to enjoy for years to come.  Hopefully, you'll enjoy these Snickerdoodle cookies, too!  My "papa" was such a special person and I am so fortunate to have had him in my life!  I get a lot of qualities from him and I never felt anything but love and pride from him.  He served during World War II and was a lawyer in the U.S. Army.  He loved gardening and cooking - both things I acquired from him!


To tell you the truth I was so in love with Snickerdoodle cookies growing up that I actually named one of our boxers "Snickerdoodle!"  She was such a sweetheart and had a long life filled with lots of love!  We used to call her "the Dude."  Hence, the name Snicker-DUDE-les.


These cookies are so yummy and cooking them creates a smell that makes you just want to reach in that oven and pull them out ... seriously!


Snicker-DUDE-les

Ingredients for cookies:
  • 1 c. unsalted  butter, softened
  • 3/4 c. sugar
  • 3/4 c. brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 3/4 c. flour
  • 2 tsp. cream of tartar
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
Heat oven 400 degrees.  



First, mix butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and eggs until they are well blended.


Add remaining ingredients and stir through.


Roll into balls and roll in mixture - 3 Tbsp. brown sugar mixed with 3 tsp. cinnamon - as my "Papa" said "can be increased to make them more tasty!".




I flattened them out a little bit with six on a cookie sheet.  Bake 8 to 10 mins.  Makes about 5 dozen cookies.



So, what's your favorite cookie? Snickerdoodles, Oatmeal Raisin, Chocolate Chip ... ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover