Friday, November 5, 2010

Favorites Friday

One of the things when I started this blog that I wanted to do was feature 5 favorite things on the first Friday of every month. Each month I have failed :( until now :) I'm not going to lie this has been a tough week. We lost one our "kids" this week - Fletcher (Go to "The Life of Dogs" if you'd like to see a picture of Fletcher) . It was totally unexpected and very painful. The one thing I have taken away from this week is to not take things for granted and live in the moment. So, here I am doing something I kept wanting to do, but putting off ... no longer!

November's 5 Faves:

1) Culver's Bananas Foster Sundae - Have you ever been to a Culver's? If you haven't go here and see if there is one near you and if there is get those keys and get going! My mom and I first discovered Culver's when we went on a road trip 2 summers ago to Minnesota for the Minnesota Quilt Shop Hop (another fave, but I'll save that). We had a long day driving from Minneapolis to St. Cloud's Grubers to Hackensack's Piecemakers Quilt Shop when on the drive home we decided to give this restaurant a try. Oh my! It was love! Thankfully, we found one about a half hour from where we live and have indulged more than we should, but shhhh that's our secret. Anyways, I had never had Bananas Foster, but decided to give this dessert a try and what a great decision that was! This is hands down my favorite dessert!

2) Creative Grids 6.5 in. x 24.5 in. Ruler - I have had 6.5 in. x 18.5 in. ruler for years, and loved the 6.5 in. width, but always wanted it to be a little longer. So, imagine my surprise when I found one at a store close to my house! For me, this is the perfect sizer ruler.

3) "Doggie Aficionado" magazine - Love this magazine! It is such great eye candy ... I love leafing through the pages and seeing the amazing ideas!

4) November - I was thinking about it today, and November quite possibly could be my favorite month of the year. Halloween wraps up right before the beginning of the month, holiday bazaars are in full swing, Thanksgiving (a favorite holiday of mine - food AND family), Black Friday, and the kickoff to the Christmas season! Really, it doesn't get much better than this!

5) "Hawaii Five-O" - This is my new must-see show for fall! In years past, I've gotten hooked on "Castle" and "The Good Wife."

What 5 fabulous things are inspiring you or making you happy this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover