Monday, July 26, 2010

juxtapose ...

There are SO many things I love, that sometimes I forget about all those things I love! Then I remember my forgotten love and instantly have a wonderful day! Don't you just love those moments?! I had one of those moments a few weeks ago.

When I first decided to start a company, I couldn't decide on a name, I had a few rolling around my head, and finally settled on Cherry Valley Design Studio. Cherry Valley is the name of the road I grew up on, and so I feel like I can carry a piece of that with me forever by having named my company after it ... lots of wonderful, happy memories.

However, after making this decision, I started a blog. Since blogs are not necessarily named the same as the company, I thought this would be fun and give my blog its own distinct voice. I knew though it would be important that while doing this, it would need to maintain the company's integrity, and so the word juxtapose popped into my head one night. One of those moments where something, in this case a word, I love came to me. I have always loved the word juxtapose, it is such a fun word and has a great meaning! The idea of putting two things together that would otherwise be unexpected just makes my day and I hope it makes yours!

"I love the word 'juxtapose,' ... I like balancing words together like cruel and gentle, sad and beautiful. Life is not all black and white -- it's shaded." ~ Charlie Sexton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover