Friday, June 7, 2013

Playing Around With Colors

Believe it or not I would definitely consider myself a novice when it comes to the Adobe suite of products.  Back in November I faced the stark realization that I needed to make "the switch."  Thankfully though, Adobe now has a service called Adobe Creative Cloud.  It is, in a word, awesome! I was hesitant at first, but not having the $1,000+ to throw down on Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, I decided to give the Creative Cloud, a shot and I am so glad I did.  I specialized in Information Systems with my business degree, so I'm pretty comfortable with the computer.  I was also the "queen of handouts" (an honor bestowed upon me by my supervisor, complete with a certificate ... lol) when I was a college math tutor, so I was comfortable making graphics and writing directions.  What is the Creative Cloud?  You pay for it monthly and it houses pretty much the entire suite of Adobe products and then you can download the programs you need ... as many as you need!  To me, $50 a month was much more reasonable than the upfront cost of the standalone Adobe products.  The other huge upside is you don't have to worry about product upgrades and having to pay for those as well.  The upgrades with Creative Cloud run seamlessly through your product and when one arrives, you're simply notified - it all is included with your subscription cost.  Oh, and you're getting the professional grade of the Adobe products!

That turned out to be a lot more information than I was planning on saying, but if you are in need of Adobe products I would definitely recommend looking into this and seeing if this would be a good fit for you.

Like I said, I'm still definitely a novice.  I do a lot of trial and error.  The worst is when I get something right and I have no clue how I did it!  Grrrr ... does that ever happen to you?  Well, I won't forget this little trick.  Last night, I was working on proofing some new pictures and I stumbled upon this photo alteration trick.

Do you remember our pattern Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend that I debuted in the spring?  It's a pretty peach and spring green ...


... But look what happens when you change the "hue" using Photoshop?  Oh, the color combinations!

Option #1: Aqua and Purple


Option #2: Two-Toned Green

Option #3: Two-Toned Purple


Option #4: Blue and Green

Option #5: Pink and Peach (My fave!) 

Option #6: Purple and Pink

What's your favorite "new" color combination?  We'd love to hear!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover