Friday, April 19, 2013

A Different Spin on Spin Me

When I teach a class, I like to redo my quilts so that I can create a step-by-step PowerPoint for my students to follow along.  Having been interested in the Quilts of Valor program for quite awhile, we decided to recreate the quilts in a patriotic theme.  A few weeks again I taught Spin Me at A Touch of Thread and we made the quilt in a darker color scheme with burgundy, navy and cream.  For the quilting, I chose to use a ribbon meandering all over with sporadic stars that were then highlighted with gold metallic thread.

In class, it was so fun to see everyone's color schemes.  One lady made it using batiks and it was coming together absolutely stunningly.  Two sisters who were taking the class were going with a tan background and various shades of olive green - just beautiful!  I have to admit that while designing patterns is so much for me, seeing others choices may be even more fun!!

Here's how ours turned out ...
Cherry Valley Designs Spin Me

Cherry Valley Designs Spin Me
Close Up of Back
Cherry Valley Designs Spin Me
Close Up of Front
Cherry Valley Designs Spin Me
Max, our Boxer, with the quilt ... he approves ;)
... Now for the binding!

So happy to linking up with our faves today: Crazy Mom QuiltsCan I Get a Whoop Whoop?; and Thank Goodness Its Finished Friday.

If you are a quilt store owner and would be interested in me teaching at your store, please contact me at Megan@CherryValleyDesigns.com

Thanks for stopping by today!
Have a wonderful weekend,

Megan

Feel free to leave us a comment, we love hearing from you :)

5 comments:

  1. Megan,that is a gorgeous,gorgeous quilt and I like the flowing "ribbon" lines the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pinwheels on the negative space! Nice quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simplicity at its finest! Need I say more?

    ReplyDelete
  4. the quilting design is fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the finish!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover