Friday, August 3, 2012

Coffee Corner

Last week I showed you the almost completed coffee wall hanging I quilted.  Today I thought I would show you the totally finished product and where it is now proudly hung in my house.  The bed and breakfast that I stayed at in England had the cutest little breakfast nook where I went to get my cereal prepared each morning.  I thought that would be something fun to recreate and so my coffee/breakfast corner was created.

I really wanted a placemat to go in the corner so my mom made this one for me and the colors worked out beautifully!  Thanks, mom!
Look at the cool cross hatch quilting she did on it ... I love this look!
I also got started on another "fun" project.  This is a pattern by Crabapple Hill Studio and I'm using Bonnie & Camille's Bliss fabric line from a couple of years ago.  These are going to be Dresden Plates (which I've never made before ... keeping my fingers crossed!).  I have to admit I felt a little guilty about starting a project not related to my patterns coming out in the fall, but it was nice to take one evening and focus on something else!


And on one final note I did something last night that I have been wanting to do for a very long time I took my first Beginning Knitting class!  It was super fun!  I have knit one scarf in the past and was only able to do it because it was only the knit stitch and I really didn't need the pattern for that!  For the past several years I have looked longingly at Heather Mulder Peterson's knitting projects (which you can see here and here and here ...) and wanted to make sweaters - lots and lots of sweaters(!), but any time I look at a knitting project it was like Greek to me, so I knew I really needed to take a class.  The class is at Knitters Mercantile in Columbus, Ohio and they have gorgeous yarn and an amazing magazine and pattern selection.  Here's some of our homework that's due next week that I've been working on.

Hopefully there will be more knitting projects in my future :)  Have a great weekend!

Hugs,

Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover