Hi Friends! For all of you who are still "on board" with our blog, we appreciate your patience. This has been a summer we did not expect at all! You know the saying, "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans?" Well, let's just say God has been doing a lot of laughing, because nothing has gone according to our plan. The good news is things are working out better than we could have imagined and I guess that's the whole point, right?
So, here goes the story ...
We listed our house in March and were told there should be absolutely no problem selling our house. We had been wanting to move since last fall ... yes, one year ago! ... and had waited, because the realtor said the housing market drops off in the winter. Ok, we're patient, we can wait we thought. We've had very, very few people look at our house and kept traveling back and forth from our current home in Newark, Ohio to Gettysburg, Pennsylvania - a six hour trip - where we've been looking for a new house. We have had the most amazing realtor EVER. If you're looking to buy or sell a home in the Gettysburg area, I couldn't recommend Mary Hankey enough out of the Re/Max of Gettysburg office (I just had to give that shout out!). Anywho, Mary took us to one house and after that it would sell within days, literally. By July, we had just given up and felt like nothing was going to work.
However, there was a house outside of town on two and a half acres that we were really in love with and Mary kept us updated that it hadn't sold/didn't have a lot of interest. About three weeks ago, though, a house came up for sale in town (where we had originally wanted to live) on the same block my dad grew up on!!! :) Four houses down nonetheless!!!! Three days after that the house in the country sold! Someone walked into the realtor's office who was a family member of the current owners and said, "We're buying it!" Seriously! Now, we're really nervous, because there's only one house that truly interests us and meets our needs and it's coming into fall when the housing market slows down. So, we call Mary who tells us to contact the bank she works with and let them know our situation. Ughhh ... we really don't want to do that and this is so not going according to plan!
But!!!!! ... it worked out and our offer has officially been accepted!!!! We're moving in December which is still three months away :( but at least we have a house and can start having more of a schedule than we've been able to have just biding our time and waiting for when we could move! We still would love to sell our house, but it's not the necessity it was a week ago ;)
We are all just bursting at the seams - us, our family back in Gettysburg and our friends back there! We can't wait to move and get started with this exciting new chapter in our lives. The house we're buying is quite large, but needs some TLC and we're so looking forward to turning this house (see below) into our home!!!
So, with this huge anxiety out of the way we're moving forward with other items on our agenda, like, quilting more, writing patterns more and a bunch of other things!
We hope you are all having a wonderful week and we'll be back later this week with a beautiful quilt we quilted for a dear friend of ours!