Friday, July 26, 2013

Christmas in July!


Happy Friday Everybody!  Fall is quickly approaching and what does that mean?  New patterns and products!  Help us clean out some space to get ready.

Now through Tuesday (July 30) receive 50% off your ENTIRE purchase when you enter the code JULY2013 at checkout! Click here to begin shopping!

Onto Finished Friday ... At the beginning of July I signed up as a Quilts of Valor volunteer longarm quilter.  I was quickly connected with someone living in the same town as me.  Funny thing is that she also used to work with my parents, what a small world!  She said the closest person she had ever quilt for her was about an hour and a half away.  Well, no more!  She gave me two quilts that her quilt guild worked on putting together.

They are scrappy quilts and were a lot of fun to work on and practice some new designs, mainly the echoed feather border.  I have been terrified of echoing, but it ended up not being so bad.  You'll also notice that I put little stars scattered throughout the feathers just for fun.

Less talk, more pictures ...

Cherry Valley Designs Quilts of Valor

Cherry Valley Designs Quilts of Valor

Cherry Valley Designs Quilts of Valor

I finished up the second quilt last night, but haven't had a chance to photograph it.  That will be a post for next week.  Thanks Judy for letting me quilt your quilts!

Special shout out of thanks to the linky parties today: Finish It Up FridayCan I Get a Whoop Whoop?Thank Goodness it's Finished Friday.

Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, way to go with busting out the echoes. :D I am such a baby at getting over myself and actually trying out something that has been intimidating me. And, yes - 9 times out of 10, it really wasn't that bad at all. lol!! Love the stars slipped in with the feathers for a QOV. Thanks for donating your services for that program. Those quilts are so very appreciated when they're awarded! If you ever get a chance to attend a gifting, jump on it. :D Thanks for linking at TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover