Friday, November 16, 2012

Knitting Update

Hi Everyone, I thought I'd give you an update on my first "official" knitting project.  I finished it a few weeks ago!  The pattern was great (you may remember from this post that the pattern was written by the employees at the store where I took the class) and the yarn was just to die for!  Seriously, for having very limited knitting experience I just fell in love with this yarn, the color is beautiful - it's a heather purple - it has a nice shine, is sooo soft and was very easy to work with.  The yarn was Organik and the color was Heather Moorland.



Here's a close-up.  See the diagonal holes adding a dimension of lace to the pattern?
Then, there's my mom ... the knitting machine!! She has made some beautiful items, and has been nice enough to let me share them.

The first is a teal throw ...


It's hard to tell from this picture, but the yarn has lots of different textures to it with various widths throughout.

Next up, is this gorgeous red throw.  The light doesn't do this justice, there is such variegation in the colors.  The colors are so warm and inviting!  The yarn is by Mountain Colors and the color is Rosehip.  The pattern is also by Mountain Colors and is the Fireside Throw (what a perfect name!). If you can't tell, I just love this throw ... if it goes missing ...



Finally, is this super soft shawl.  There are multiple cables making up the body of it.  Another warm and comfy creation!  The yarn is Plymouth Yarn Baby Alpaca Grande in color #6024.  The pattern is by Keep It Simple and is the Elegant Cabled Shawl.




Great job mom!  Thanks for letting me share!

Have a great weekend!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover