Friday, October 12, 2012

Fab Five Friday

Happy Friday Everyone! I hope you have all had an amazing week!  Mine was great, I got a lot of quilting done, a lot of business-related "stuff" done, and got to go back to one of my favorite places in the world, Gettysburg (PA) where I ate lots of great food and got to hang out with my family.  I thought it would be fun to give you all a heads up on some of my favorite things I've come across lately.  I've done a "Fab Five Friday," but it's been awhile.  Hope you enjoy!

1) Favorite Fabric:  Holly Taylor's Christmas Spirit.  I got this fabric for a quilt I'm debuting in a few weeks and absolutely love it!  The colors are just gorgeous and I'm a little embarrassed to admit that this is my first Jelly Roll ... can you believe that?!  I totally get why these things are so addictive ... it's amazing how quickly my cutting went!




2) Favorite Food: UTZ potato chips.  For a potato-loving girl like myself, potato chips don't get any better than these!  Good for me their outlet store is only a 20 minute drive from Gettysburg, and we get to stop and stock up every time we go back.  This weekend we're having a Potato Chip Tasting Party during the OSU-Indiana game with some of their new flavors and limited edition flavors I picked up while back there.


3) Favorite Gadget:  Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser.  This thing is ah-mazing!  I've had it for two weeks and I can't get over the difference in my teeth.  A lady who I had never met before in my life stopped me when I was looking at them at Kohls to tell me how she had bought six of these for Christmas gifts because they worked so well and proceeded to rummage through her purse to see if she could find me a coupon! (How totally sweet!)  In the end though she couldn't find it and I went home to buy it on Amazon which was a good thing since they were considerably less expensive!

4) Favorite Dog Thing: Orthopedic 100% Memory Foam Dog Bed.  Ok, another Amazon item, gotta love Amazon.  I looked and looked for a dog bed to no avail.  Finally, I stumbled on this and thought it was too good to be true ... a removable, waterproof cover + 2 machine washable outer covers + orthopedic + made in the US ... Really?! Could this be true?! And for under $100?!  Well let me tell you it is!  We love this bed and our dogs love this bed, it doesn't get much better!


5) Favorite Seasonal Item: Pennsylvania Apples.  I love apples!! I eat one nearly every day and they are just so good!  I love apple sauce, apple pie and just plain old apples.  Lucky me, another perk of going back to Gettysburg is the area is orchard country and we're always able to stock up on our favorite fruit! 


I'd better get out of here and get busy cutting up all those apples to freeze!  Have a great weekend!

Hugs,

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover