Tuesday, August 28, 2012

It's a Finish!

Hi Everyone!

It's actually a double finish!  Here's a rag quilt that I got the kit for probably over 10 years ago (eeek! ... does anyone else have kits like that?).  Well slowly but surely I got it finished up over my last year in grad school and I have to admit I loved putting this rag quilt together.  It was super easy and you do the machine quilting along the way so there are no worries at the end.  The only bummer is you have to take it to a laundromat the first couple of times you wash it because of all the strings.  Without further ado, here are the pictures ....



It's super cozy and I already have it placed on the back of my chair for when I get a chill in the evening.
My other finish is this professional tote which was designed by The Creative Thimble.  I tweaked the design a bit so the bag would better fit my style and needs.  It was a little bit of a challenge for me since I've never undertaken a project like this, but the directions were really well written.   I'm even making another one for my mom!


A view from the side - each side has these pockets - great for a water bottle and umbrella!

The inside.
Have a great week!
Hugs,

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover